“Not In” \ “Does Not Have” Query in Dynamics CRM – By Cobalt

In Dynamics CRM Advanced Find, Querries can be built for various conditions \ for various filter criteria. But, “Not In” type queries cannot be built and it doesn’t work with OOTB querying. Cobalt has a cool feature which allows users to make “Not In” \ “Does Not Have” types of queries in Advanced Find and for Views.

The Problem:

One Account can have many Cases. Dynamics CRM can display all the “Accounts which has Cases” in Advanced Find\Views. But, Dynamics CRM cannot display all the “Accounts which has no Cases” using Advanced Find\Views.

query1

Solution:

Use “Does Not Contain Data” clause for filtering Continue reading ““Not In” \ “Does Not Have” Query in Dynamics CRM – By Cobalt”

Advertisements

Updating Resolved Cases in Dynamics 365

Some Dynamics 365/CRM record updates need specific workarounds. Due to various reasons such as adding new fields to case entity, option set changes, migrating data to some other environments etc… developers need to modify the case records including resolved cases. This post is to explain a workaround for updating and migrating Resolved Case records.

Get resolved cases using views or advanced find.

1

Export all the resolved case records using Excel Online. Continue reading “Updating Resolved Cases in Dynamics 365”

ISSUE: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly

I registered one plugin assembly with two plugins written targeted to contact entity and registered in one of Dynamics CRM 2015 Online instances. It worked properly after adding steps into it. Here I am discussing the issue raised, an observation was done and the solution to the issue. But this only on a scenario for this issue to be raised and there can be many other scenarios to see this same issue.

Issue: After some time I wanted to add few more plug-ins to the same assembly, targeting some custom entity events and I updated the same registered plugin assembly with the newly build assembly. However, after adding steps to the relevant plugins and after triggering relevant events I got some errors from all the plugins I newly added. I checked the very first plugin events I registered in the same assembly and those functioned perfectly.

Error Message: All the errors showed the same error message “The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly:” in them.

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
 Parameter name: TrackingId: 87e5f936-7499-4bc1-b649-f78fd4739016, Depth: 1, Message: SandboxAppDomainHelper.Execute: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly:  Continue reading "ISSUE: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly"