Xrm.Utility : openEntityForm with Parameters

Using “openEntityForm” a CRM form can be opened. While it is opening, different form fields values can be populated and those values can be passed to the form.
Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm(name,id,parameters,windowOptions)
name: Entity Logical Name
id: Record id
parameters: Form id, Field Ids, and Values, Custom query string parameters
windowOptions: Flag to open as a New Window

Passing Parameters and Populate Field Values in a New Contact Form

function openNewContact() {
var caseId = Xrm.Page.data.entity.getId();
var title = Xrm.Page.getAttribute(“title”).getValue();
    var windowOptions = {
openInNewWindow: true
};
var parameters = {};
parameters[“new_caseid”] = caseId;
parameters[“new_caseidname”] = title;
Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm(“contact”, null, parameters, windowOptions);
}

Continue reading “Xrm.Utility : openEntityForm with Parameters”

Advertisement

“Not In” \ “Does Not Have” Query in Dynamics CRM – By Cobalt

In Dynamics CRM Advanced Find, Querries can be built for various conditions \ for various filter criteria. But, “Not In” type queries cannot be built and it doesn’t work with OOTB querying. Cobalt has a cool feature which allows users to make “Not In” \ “Does Not Have” types of queries in Advanced Find and for Views.

The Problem:

One Account can have many Cases. Dynamics CRM can display all the “Accounts which has Cases” in Advanced Find\Views. But, Dynamics CRM cannot display all the “Accounts which has no Cases” using Advanced Find\Views.

query1

Solution:

Use “Does Not Contain Data” clause for filtering Continue reading ““Not In” \ “Does Not Have” Query in Dynamics CRM – By Cobalt”

Updating Resolved Cases in Dynamics 365

Some Dynamics 365/CRM record updates need specific workarounds. Due to various reasons such as adding new fields to case entity, option set changes, migrating data to some other environments etc… developers need to modify the case records including resolved cases. This post is to explain a workaround for updating and migrating Resolved Case records.

Get resolved cases using views or advanced find.

1

Export all the resolved case records using Excel Online. Continue reading “Updating Resolved Cases in Dynamics 365”

Solution Enhancements in Dynamics CRM 2016

Clone a Patch, Clone Solution, and Apply Solution Upgrade are the cool new features released with Dynamics CRM 2016.

CRM Solution is an excellent way of transferring customizations from one environment to another and solution version helps to identify each set of customizations of transferring. CRM solutions will contain different components such as entities, processes, plugin assemblies, user roles etc…. There are two types of CRM solutions called unmanaged and managed. Usually, development environment of any CRM solution will contain the unmanaged solution and that will be transferred to test\production environment as a managed solution, which is not supposed to edit directly in those environments.

However when transferring CRM solutions from one environment to another, even if you change only one component or only one piece of a component you have to send the whole solution to the other environment to apply the change in the other solution.  Also, the changes will be applied in the other destination environment as soon as you import the managed solution from the development environment.

1

Dynamics CRM 2016 has set of new features added to solve the above difficulty and has introduced a more methodical way of managing patches and solution versions. Following topics describe those new features in detail using a CRM solution named “CORE” containing 3 system entities(Contact, Account and User) and one custom entity(Application). Continue reading “Solution Enhancements in Dynamics CRM 2016”

ISSUE: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly

I registered one plugin assembly with two plugins written targeted to contact entity and registered in one of Dynamics CRM 2015 Online instances. It worked properly after adding steps into it. Here I am discussing the issue raised, an observation was done and the solution to the issue. But this only on a scenario for this issue to be raised and there can be many other scenarios to see this same issue.

Issue: After some time I wanted to add few more plug-ins to the same assembly, targeting some custom entity events and I updated the same registered plugin assembly with the newly build assembly. However, after adding steps to the relevant plugins and after triggering relevant events I got some errors from all the plugins I newly added. I checked the very first plugin events I registered in the same assembly and those functioned perfectly.

Error Message: All the errors showed the same error message “The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly:” in them.

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
 Parameter name: TrackingId: 87e5f936-7499-4bc1-b649-f78fd4739016, Depth: 1, Message: SandboxAppDomainHelper.Execute: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly:  Continue reading "ISSUE: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly"